Monday 30 June 2008

Summertime

School's done for another year. Good grief that was quick. Next year, the stress of GCSE exams so better enjoy these last 2 months of freedom while I can...

I haven't been flying since my G1000 sim/fly session in April, for various reasons - mostly financial. 3 months later, I finally have new lessons booked for this Saturday (5th July) and Saturday fortnight (19th July, one day after my 16th birthday). Needless to say my hopes of a solo flight this summer are shot to pieces but I guess we don't always get what we want. At least I should have 2 more hours in the logbook by the end of the month.

The sun shone for weeks on end through May and June and I'm starting to think that Northern Ireland has had as much summer as it's going to get for this year. En ce moment, Metcheck is forecasting good weather for the coming Saturday - although weather forecasts can turn in an instant. It'll be nice to get some good weather whilst I regain a feel for the little Cessna.

My other goals for the summer? Mostly to do with getting a job. I've tried every aviation organisation in Belfast with no success. It'll be nice having a steady source of income if I do get one, no matter what I end up doing.

Normal service should be resumed this Saturday. If you're still reading this after the long lull, thank you. I mean that.


Dave

No comments: